About The program
The Volunteer Shift Program is for volunteers who live either inside or outside the fire district.
Volunteers in the shift program will do 12 or 24 hour shifts at the station adding up to 36 hours a month minimally. There are 3 shifts that may be worked:
- 0700 – 1900
- 1900 – 0700
- 0700 – 0700.
We prefer individuals that possess at a minimum:
- State of Nebraska EMT license
- State of Nebraska FF I certificate (If you currently have a State of Nebraska EMT or Paramedic license and are in the process of or planning on obtaining FF I, please apply.
Volunteers train every Monday night with the career staff on shift. Trainings include EMS, fire suppression, extrication, rescues, and more.
Requirements for the Volunteers are to:
- Make 10% of calls each month (if wanted to make retirement benefit),
- Monday night trainings (even when not on shift)
- Some Public Education events.
The Volunteers have a 1-year probationary period and will also have 2 years max to receive all basic certifications (if you do not you have them).
- Uniforms are provided
- Training opportunities
- Access to state of the art weight/fitness equipment
- Experience in the fire and EMS services
- Social events
- Numerous insurance benefits provided at no cost to the member
- Retirement if you meet minimum requirements ($3,000/year)
interested in joining?
Interested in joining the Volunteer Shift Program?
Complete the interest form below and we’ll be in touch with more information and next steps.