About The program
Bennington Fire and Rescue is looking for motivated individuals that want to help their community by volunteering as a firefighter.
Volunteer emergency responders make up 73% of the fire service throughout the US. The volunteer firefighter is an extremely valuable national resource. Interested in volunteering? Here are the basic requirements:
- The Volunteer Firefighter Program is for people that live inside the fire district to respond from home to the fire station for calls (if you live outside the fire district, click here to check out our Volunteer Shift Program).
- Minimum a State of Nebraska EMT license
- State of Nebraska FF I certificate
- If you currently have a State of Nebraska EMT or Paramedic license and are in the process of or planning on obtaining FF I, please apply.
Volunteers train every Monday night with the career staff on shift. Trainings include EMS, fire suppression, extrication, rescues, and more.
Requirements for the Volunteers are to:
- Make 10% of calls each month
- Monday night trainings
- Some Public Education events
The Volunteers have a 1-year probationary period and will also have 2 years max to receive all basic certifications (if you do not you have them).
- Uniforms are provided
- Training opportunities
- Access to state of the art weight/fitness equipment
- Experience in the fire and EMS services
- Social events
- Numerous insurance benefits provided at no cost to the member
- Retirement if you meet minimum requirements ($3,000/year)
interested in joining?
Interested in joining our team as a Volunteer Firefighter?
Complete the interest form below and we’ll be in touch with more information and next steps.